Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Countdown to Retirement


After 38 years of teaching (most recently junior high), my Mom is FINALLY retiring and I couldn't be happier for her.  She has taught school since 1975 and at the end of this month, she is putting up her eraser and closing the books.  I am so glad that my parents are both retired and can do so many things without having a schedule.  I hope they enjoy traveling anywhere they want and I hope they spend alot of time up here in Canada with me...hehe..

I wanted to give her a little something fun to countdown her days until retirement to put in her classroom but I couldn't find one.....so I did the next best thing...I made a couple of cute chalkboard signs.  I've given her a couple of options (one for her desk and one for the door) and all she needs to do now is use dry erase markers to write the number and start counting down.  Pretty simple and FUN...



Here are the prints that I'm making available for you to download and print.  When you download them and then get the option to print, check the box next to Choose Paper Source by PDF page size.  This way, they will print out an 8" x 10" size and all you will need to do is trim all of the white margins off and place in an 8" x 10" frame.

Download Here
If you are a Duck Dynasty fan...you know that one of their favorite sayings is..."She's outta here or I'm Outta Here" and I thought that would be so cute on a sign...

Download Here

Hope you have as much fun with these as my Mom did....



The 36th AVENUE

SixSistersStuff.com


3 comments:

  1. Do I have to have that program to download this? Love it for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kim...You should be able to just simply click on the DOWNLOAD HERE button under the printable you are wanting to print. It should take you to a site where you can print it...if that doesn't work for you, email me at lookiewhatidid@yahoo.com and I will be happy to email them both to you. Thanks...

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! It's funny...as soon as I saw this, I thought of Duck Dynasty! I'm a fan too. :) What a clever idea for someone who's getting ready to retire!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...