Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Crafter" is an Acceptable Word - My encounter with Words with Friends

Today I was playing Words with Friends and had the opportunity to add an "er" to the word "craft" and I got so excited and then this happened.....



WHAT.....NOT an acceptable word, are you kidding me?  

Anxiety immediately filled my head because I call myself a "Crafter" all the time....I thought, "Am I misspelling it, why is it not an acceptable word?" I also started to think in the 2 minutes I had to think about, "What am I going to call myself now and what about all of those other "crafters" out there, they think it's a word too!!!

I came home, got on my computer and found this....IT IS A WORD....




2craft

 transitive verb

Definition of CRAFT

: to make or produce with care, skill, or ingenuity <iscrafting a new sculpture> <a carefully crafted story>
— craft·er  noun


************************
crafter

noun
a creator of great skill in the manual arts; "the jewelry was made by internationally famous craftsmen"[syn: craftsman]
WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
Cite This Source
So just in case you ever want to say the word "Crafter", it's okay....just don't spell it on Words with Friends or you'll get this....


Hope everyone sleeps well tonight!  I know I will......

p.s.  I just did spell check before hitting "Publish" and it picked up that it was spelled wrong....geesh

Sharing with:


2 comments:

  1. This made me LOL. Maybe you could use "Craftster" instead...that sounds cooler anyway! www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so funny!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...