Monday, February 6, 2012

A Valentine's Pillow using a FREE Printable.....

Do you love pinterest as much as I do?  One of the many things I love most about pinterest are all of the free printables.  They are FREE and cute...what is better than that.  It's so easy to pin them, download them and print them out to any size you want. When I came across this printable, I wanted to do something different.  I had some red burlap that has just been sitting in a drawer and I thought it would be so cute on a pillow.

Click Here is the printable I used.....
I have sewn many pillows in my time, but I think the easiest way to make a pillow (especially if it is just seasonal) is an envelope pocket pillow.  They are the easiest ones to make and you can either recycle an old and outdated pillow or do like me, buy one half price at your local craft store.

Here is a video from http://www.craftygemini.blogspot.com/ that instructs you exactly how to make an envelope pillow that I found the other day and this is exactly how I make mine.  Her blog has alot of tutorials for other sewing projects as well.  Sometimes, a visual step by step guide is easier to learn from then me trying to tell you exactly what to do....




Here is what I used to make this easy project:

Transfer Sheet for the ink jet printer
White cotton fabric
Iron
Printable or Subway Art - Here is the one I used
Burlap or any other decorative fabric
Hot Glue
Decorative Trim
Sewing Machine



I first started off by choosing the printable and printing it on the transfer paper in REVERSE PRINTING.  You will want to make sure you print it out like this so when you iron it on it reads correctly.



Place the printed transfer sheet on top of white fabric and iron on according to the directions.


After it has been ironed on, peel off the backing...


I cut the white fabric after it was ironed on to the size I wanted and then sewed it onto my burlap.  The burlap was cut 23" square and then sewed it onto the burlap.  I centered it on the 23" square so it would insure that it would be centered on the pillow.


Please watch the video above, she gives you Step by Step instructions......

I'm now ready to sew my envelope pillow.... 


Here it is inverted after all 4 sides were sewn....SUPER EASY


I put my 18" insert into the cover and I am now ready to trim around the edges with some decorative trim and hot glue.


Here it is after a little trim....



All finished and on the fireplace.....



Thanks for stopping by....Have a great week!!

Linking to:





6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! My new weekly link party "Cowgirl Up!" is launching at 9pm tonight- I would LOVE for you to share this. You are quite crafty my friend!

    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've won the Versatile Blogger Award!
    See my Post @ http://frugal-home-design.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-won-versatile-blogger-award-0.html for more information & the Button :0)
    Jamie Brock: mrsjamiebrock(at)gmail(dot)com

    Ps. I really love your blog! I joined freind connect and also put your button on my new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love all the little sayings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg so cute! I never thought to print out a printable on anything other than paper. How creative of you to make a pillow with them! I heart pinterest too :) I'm your newest follower!!
    Stay Crafty x0x0
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SEW cute! Thank you for linking up to the first "Cowgirl Up!" Linky Party!
    ♥linsey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...