Saturday, February 4, 2012

It almost went to Goodwill, until........

Recently I have had a non stop Goodwill donation pile going on in my house.  I'm trying to clear the clutter and donate what we just don't need anymore.  I was loading up my car with the donation items when I put a frame in the back of the car.  I received this frame for my birthday about 5 years ago and I hate to say it, but I never really found a good place in my house to hang it.  It's been sitting in a closet collecting dust when I came across it and decided to donate it to Goodwill.  Take a look below and see what my rethinking transformed......

Here is what the frame looks like now, but let me show you what it started out looking like and I how transformed it...


Here is the frame 
BEFORE


When I decided to put the burlap on it, the burgundy showed through so I had to put a quick coat of brown spray paint on it....


Then I was ready to go....here is what you will need...
  • Large frame to be covered in burlap...I see these frames ALL the time at Goodwill
  • Burlap
  • Smaller picture frame to lay on top of burlap covered frame...Got mine at Aaron Brothers, any size you wish
  • Embellishments...I had the rose magnets that I spray painted to coordinate
  • Staple Gun
  • Hot Glue Gun



I began by laying the frame on top of the burlap and then stapled the two sides and then the bottom and top...



I removed the hanging hardware to staple all the way across and reattached the hardware to hang it on the wall when finished......


This is what it looks like after you finish stapling all the way around....


I then measured and screwed a small screw in the frame to mount my smaller picture frame....



I then hung my frame before hot gluing my roses.  I spray painted my roses with Rustoleum - Heirloom White!  I think its important to first hang the frame before you attach your embellishments, that way you can work around the size of the frame you chose to use. 


I found this free printable through Pinterest...here it is if you want to use it.  She has different numbers in case you have more or less in your family...



I'm so thrilled with this new frame.  Just goes to show you to sometimes think outside the box before donating your unused goods.  I'm so glad I did!!

Have a great weekend!!

Linking to:



Positively Splendid

12 comments:

  1. I have the same frame and I too can't figure out where to put it...I never even put pics in it! You have inspired me to change it to something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous transformation! :) Thanks for sharing your craftiness inspiration with us!! :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute, I love the flowers that are on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would need to borrow your brain to come up with something like this! You are so creative, love how this turned out, now I'm looking around to try to find something similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Great idea, love the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stumbled upon your great blog and just wanted to leave a comment to invite you to visit my blog and enter my GIVEAWAY! Hope to see you soon =)
    Just Tututiny

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute idea! Love those roses and the use of a smaller second frame for dimension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so love the dimensions and the texture! GREAT job!

      thanks for linking up to make it monday! I'll be sharing it on the Brassy Apple FB page! :)

      Delete
  8. Good save! Funny how styles and tastes change! Once upon a time I would have loved the red frame... Now burlap is more my style! Super cute!

    Found you on Craft-O-Maniac
    Visiting from Well Rounded, leahkoenig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! I love anything burlap...
    Thank you for linking up to the first "Cowgirl Up!" Linky Party!
    ♥linsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely! The roses add the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...